ejensen2

Hurburbur's Books

I have been reading nonstop since I was four years old. If you give me a book, I will read it. I'm not fussy.
The Longest Ride - Nicholas Sparks

Have you ever wanted something just because a lot of other people did? I can be that way with books, even if I don't really want to read them. Oh, there are 100 people on the library wait list for this book? I better get in on that, too. This is the reason I have read so many Jodi Picoult and Nicholas Sparks novels in my time, even though I didn't really want to.

When I was in fifth grade I read A Walk to Remember over and over because my older brother refused to take me to see the movie. My friends could obsess over Harry Potter all they wanted, I was thinking about Jamie and Landon. Back then, Sparks' books were like magic to me. Then I grew up.

I still read his books here and there when I came across one or had nothing better to read at the moment, but the more I read the more I realized how silly most of his books are. In all of the Sparks books I have read, the characters fall so in love that it becomes too much, and the book becomes more about their love then what the actual story was supposed to be about in the first place. I came away disappointed every time.

Now, it has been about three years since the last Sparks book and I just began reading his newest work The Longest Ride.I guess we will see what happens.